Terms & Conditions
1. By using the landfill site located at Barrabool Road, Ceres (the Site), you agree to be bound by and comply with these terms and conditions.
2. You may only deliver the following materials to the Site (Clean Fill): Soil (including clay, silt and/ or sand) from which all industrial waste whatsoever has been removed and contains no chemical contamination; Soil from natural origins.
3. You must not deliver the following materials to this landfill site (Prohibited Materials): Soil with chemical contamination or industrial waste, soil with elevated level of metals or other constituents that are not of natural origins, paint, food waste, chemical, liquid and hazardous wastes (including asbestos), unwanted household chemicals, contaminated soil, building materials, residential garden waste, garbage and domestic household waste, litter, concrete, glass, metal, green waste, plastics, textiles, timber or any other material not specifically listed in paragraph 2.
4. Prior to delivery you must prove to CCL that the material to be delivered is Clean Fill. CCL may in its sole discretion accept as proof that the material is acceptable material:
a. an inspection of the material; or
b. soil sampling results exhibiting chemical levels.
5. CCL reserves the right to refuse to accept any delivery for any reason whatsoever including, but not limited to, if contamination is suspected, if the soil sampling results indicate the presence of contaminants, or by reason of the colour, texture, smell or appearance of the materials sought to be delivered. CCL is under no obligation to disclose the reason for its refusal to accept delivery.
6. You must complete the 'Fill Material Acceptance Log', including the origin of the materials, before delivery. You warrant that all information and data provided by you is accurate, complete and up to date. You must promptly inform CCL if there is a change to this information or data.
7. You must pay the fee in full, as set by CCL, before delivering the Materials
8. If you deliver Prohibited Materials to the Site, then you must:
a. immediately, and no later than within 24 hours of a request from CCL to do so, remove the
b. pay any cost of removing the Prohibited Materials
c. Pay the cost of, or reimburse CCL for the cost of, any rectification or rehabilitation works reasonably necessary to be done to the Site, including any rehabilitation or rectification works that may be directed by the Council or the Environmental Protection Authority or other regulatory body; and
d. do any further thing, or take any further step, as may be requested by CCL to rectify any issue arising directly or indirectly from the Prohibited Materials.
9. CCL will not be liable to you for any indirect and consequential Loss (including without limitation for loss of revenue, loss of profits, failure to realise expected profits or savings and any other commercial or economic of any kind) or loss or corruption of data, in contract, tort, under any statute or otherwise (including negligence) arising from or connected to this agreement, any materials delivered to the site
10. You indemnify CCL and the registered owner of the Site, and you will keep CCL and the registered owner of the Site, indemnified against all and any loss, damages, liability, claims and costs (including reasonable legal expenses) that CCL and the registered owner of the Site suffers or incurs as a result of or in connection with any breach by you of these terms and conditions. At the request of CCL or the registered owner of the Site, you must provide at your cost all reasonable assistance to enable CCL and the registered owner of the Site to resist any claim, action or Prohibited Materials; regulatory body; and materials delivered to the Site or the Site. proceedings brought against the CCL as a consequence of that breach.